The arm lift, or Brachioplasty is a surgical procedure that is generally carried out to reduce excess
sagging skin that droops downward. It is also used to tighten and smooth the supportive tissue that
defines the shape of the upper arm. The procedure is helpful in reducing excessive supportive tissues
which is responsible to give shape of the upper arm. One can start off with the arm lift procedure
provided he has a normal weight but the individual is not happy with underarm laxity. If you have lost a
massive amount of weight and are left with excessive amount of upper arm you could go this procedure.
Precautionary measures before surgery
you should avoid smoking before going for the surgery as it improves healing instances healing.
- You should stop taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hydration is very important before and after the surgery for safe recovery.
- Some of the surgeons suggest some lifestyle changes to ensure the best result and minimize the chances of complication
- You should avoid smoking before going for the surgery as it may hamper the healing process.
Right candidate for an upper arm lift/ Brachioplasty
The right candidate for Brachioplasty are those who
- have lost the weight they desired, but are left with redundant underarm skin.
- are an adult with significant upper arm skin laxity due to aging.
- Have weight that is relatively stable and you are not significantly overweight.
- is a healthy individual with no medical conditions that could impair healing or increase surgery risks.
- is a nonsmoker.
- is committed to a healthy diet and lifestyle
Depending upon the extent of underarm fat and skin the surgeon would decide any of the surgical procedure enlisted below. It could be
- Limited incision Brachioplasty
- Standard Brachioplasty
- Extended Brachioplasty
Restore, Rejuvenate, Rejoice and Experience youthful skin for life!
- Shivani Vashisht
I recently had decided to have change in overall change in appearance. I decided to go for face contouring
procedure which Dr Anurag had supported for and had conducted it successfully.
- Rohit Gupta
I had a male pattern baldness which made me look older than my original look.
After getting the hair transplant at Sir Ganga Ram hospital, I really appreciate
Dr Anurag who had given me this new look
- Franca Made
Recently my friend met with an accident and had to undergo a brachial plexus surgery.
The surgery was conducted by Dr Anurag Verma and now he could perform
all his regular activities without any pain.
- Ms Gurpreet